The East Sussex Deaf Children’s Society’s vision is of a future without barriers for every deaf child. We are a ‘self help’ support group for parents, carers, and others interested in helping deaf children.
- Subsidised Social Activities for all of the Family
- Regular Newsletters
- Friendly ‘open minded’ support
- Regular Committee Meetings – All Welcome.
- If appropriate support is given and positive attitudes are fostered the challenge of deafness can be a rewarding experience for deaf children, young people and their families.
- Families should receive clear and balanced information and support as near to their home as possible.
- Deaf children need to develop fluent language skills in order to understand and influence the world around them, by whichever communication approach is most appropriate for them.
- Deaf children, young people and their families should have access to high quality services that offer diversity and choice and meet the needs of the individual child.